Lucy Boston

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fat Quarters, who has Fat Quarters?

Fat Quarters...I now have it, the book, and them, the fabric pieces...

This past weekend I was able to go to a local quilt shop and meet up with Jennifer McCann.  She has published a book and was here doing a meet and greet with a reading!  

That's Jennifer up front in the green and black.

The book is a short novel called "Fat Quarters". 





It also has a quilt pattern called
"Star Struck Quilt", with full size pattern pieces.  
Jennifer wrote this along with Tess Rich.  I saw the quilt in person and it is just a gorgeous piece!  Jennifer is a wonderful long arm quilter, teacher, and now... Author!  Pick up a copy soon for yourself or a great gift!

Also this weekend, I went to a nice quilt shop in Waynesville.  And, are you ready for this....I did not buy a thing!! 
I know, take my temperature!  I thought I was feeling fine, but really, nothing! 
I "needed" a couple of pieces of Kona tea-dyed for some stitching.  There were Kona cotton bolts filling at least a 12 foot shelf.  Just not the color I was looking for. 
Oh well, another day, another quilt shop. 

But, I did receive a huge stack of homespuns and flannels from a friend.  (Thanks, D!) (she doesn't do homespuns/folkart on a regular basis, so she was cutting her stash!)
Check out this picture:


Isn't that a great friend???? 
I will use these in my block of the month that starts the end of this month:  Sweet Land of Liberty. 

Off to do a little stitching before hitting the sack! 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!