Lucy Boston

Friday, March 16, 2018

Little quilt swap

One of the quilty, online groups I'm in
offered a small quilt swap... 
requirements: 
primitive, small, theme of basket and berries, 
(but not Easter themed), 
and mailed by the middle of March.
I decided to join in, and am so glad I did!

The swap coordinator made the swap assignments, 
and I was assigned Karen of Washington, 
and Karen got me in return.

Here's the one that I made and sent:
CW reproduction cottons, with a little wool in the berries, and quilted on the Sashiko machine with hand-quilting YLI threads.  I don't even recall that I measured it when I finished, but it was about 14"x18" I believe.
The back, with hanging corners and label:
note pad of paper slipped into one of the hanging corners
And the one that I received from Karen!!:
So CUTE and folky!  Great fabrics, and hand-quilted, and just my style. 💖💖💖💖💖

I find it interesting that we have such similar tastes!  We'd never spoken to each other, and I don't even know if she has a blog, so no looking for clues early.
It was a great little interlude of stitching and gifting, for sure!!!

Happy middle of March, everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a good match between the two of you. I find it a challenge to decide on what to make for a trade. I want it to be special and change my mind a few times before I settle on a design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!