Lucy Boston

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

a little more Lucy - POTC

I've been feeling under the weather, so not much stitching going on,
but this week I did make another Patchwork of the Crosses block 
as a fill for one of my last two rows:
MyLifeIsAStitch.blogspot.com
I thought my Lucy needed another yellow/light colored block
and I had this great stripy/squares fabric.
Even though it's a pretty strong yellow,
I think the browns in the fabric makes the block seem Autumn-like.
And, notice the first fallen leaf on the grass beside it?
I'm not ready for the falling leaves!
It still feels to me that it should be Summertime ,
Anyway, here's a close up of the block:
And the fabrics that I used:
I don't have info on all of the fabrics, but here's what I do have:
The light colored little stripe on top is by Andover, (inspired by a quilt from the International Quilt Study)
The center piece, the stripe with rows of squares, is not marked on my cut,
and the bottom yellow with dots is Village Collection by Judie Rothermel/Marcus.

Now to add all the little connecting squares!
And enjoy the sunshine, yes, Autumn sunshine, while it's here.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. A lady at my guild was stitching a Lucy block, and I thought of your quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!