Lucy Boston

Thursday, September 25, 2014

the start of a new great-nephew quilt

I'm thinking an 'eye spy' type of quilt,
maybe in the 16-patch/X block layout...

something that's not too elaborate,
since the little/big guy is already here!
(little because he's newborn, big because he weighed in at almost 10 lbs.!)

I gathered up a whole bunch of boyish novelty fabrics -
48 to be exact,
and cut a 2 1/2 inch strip from each fabric.
Here are most of the strips of novelty fabrics that I cut: 
I sub-cut 10 inch cuts from each fabric, sewed four of them together, sub-cut again
and sewed them into 16-patch blocks.
Here they are, unpressed:
Now, just to make some 'X'-blocks as the alternating blocks!

Problem though...
I chose a light tan mini print for the setting fabric, 
but after I did some figuring, and I don't have enough. 
Bummer.
The other setting fabric options I've found so far are white/light fabrics, and the new little/big guy's family lives very rural-y, and they have well water, so a light/white setting fabric just won't work well for them.

More digging through the stash closet yet to come!
If you don't hear from me for a few days, please send help -
I may have fallen into the rabbit fabric hole!! :)

What are you stitching on??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!