Lucy Boston

Sunday, September 21, 2014

baby quilty finish

I stalled and stalled...
just needed to stitch in the new, great-niece's name and day of birth
to get it off the long-arm machine.
She was born on August 25th,
and I knew the name that day,
so really, I was just stalling.
It was a simple job to stitch the birth specifics,
but I didn't do it that week for whatever reason.
Finally got it done and off and trimmed,
then it took me another week to get it bound...

I do like how it turned out.
It finished 40" by 48" - a good size for a baby, I think,
The new great-niece lives out of town, so
I don't get to meet her until mid-October.
But, here's her quilt:
And the quilt back (made with left-over blocks):

A closer view of the fabrics and my free-hand quilting:
Next up, a start for the new great-nephew!
Hopefully it won't take me as long as this one did!

Happy Stitching to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!