Lucy Boston

Monday, January 16, 2017

quilty Christmas gift for my momma

Sharing another quilty finish from last year...

It had been a while since I'd made a quilt as a gift for my Mom,
so when I attended the One Stop Shop Hop (in Dayton, Ohio) last October and saw a shop sample made with Chickadee fabric, I immediately knew it would be perfect for my mother.
I purchased the kit mid-October, I stitched it together at a retreat mid-November, quilted it after Thanksgiving, and mailed it on it's way to arrive for Christmas! 
 close up of hand-guided, long-arm quilting 
"Merry Christmas Mom" and holly leaves meandering
 One of the last stitches in the binding:
 The finished quilt, picture taken late night:
The coloring is a little off, but I do like the finish.  And, she absolutely LOVED it!

For inquiring minds:  the fabric line was called Chickadees and Berries, 
and I purchased the kit from Creative Fires Quilt & Stove Shop, Springfield, Ohio.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Here is yet another thing we have in common. My mother would adore this one as well! Curious about the ring on your finger. Is it a type of thimble? Knowing me, it is a new kind trend that I am totally unaware of!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!