Lucy Boston

Monday, September 6, 2010

quilt show, stitching & wool

The Circleville quilt guild show was this past Thursday, Friday, Saturday.  And it was a hit...  in my opinion.  Many, many quilts and wall hangings in the show.  So many, in fact, it was hard to photograph, the rows were sooooo close together.  In fact, I did not take a single photo, sorry!   But congrats to all the gals who not only entered, but won ribbons!

I worked the show as a vendor for one of the LQS on Friday...
During a couple of slower times vending, I demoed the hand stitching for redwork...
(at least that was my excuse for stitching!!!!)
and I stitched on my Quilt Barns blocks :
A "barn red" quilt block  stitched on the two pieces pictured above...
and a barn block stitchery about complete...
The block fabric is cut 10" by 10", so not a large piece when finished.
The pattern designer, Beth Ritter, advises the use of fusible fleece backing, so you don't have to use a hoop and you don't have to worry about dragging threads across the back of the stitchery.  (the LQS carries these Wellington House Designs if you just have to have one.)
I have never used this fusible fleece for stitching through before, so I'm trying something new to me.  But you can tell from the picture, that I'm still using my hoop.  I like the  stitching tension better, I think. 
Also at the show,
I picked up some more wools:
All of this for under $40.00! 
And wait until you see what I have planned
for the great brown toward the bottom of the stack!
I'm thinking pincushion!!!
But I am trying to contain myself and not start another project until I get something completed!!!!

OK, back to work/fun for me!
Quilts are a-callin' for some meandering...
Happy day wishes from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!