Lucy Boston

Monday, October 29, 2012

quilt finishes

though a little late, but as promised,
here are my latest big quilt finishes.

I chose red and greys 
and used a medium to meduim-dark muslin for the setting fabric...
so here's my version of what I'm calling Vintage OSU
(pattern by AD Designs)
I quilted it on my Sashiko machine, pre-marking with the Hera Marker aka bone folder  (more on that later).
I think it's a winner!!

Next up, Red and Cream Hexagons.
I love hexagons.  
These half-hexes were strip-pieced and then cut using a 60 degree ruler.  
And if you are just a little fussy about your pressing, then they go together like snapping together puzzle pieces - QUICK and EASY!!  And don't you LOVE the binding?
Swooping in and out and crisp points.

That's not bad for a week's work, is it?
The hurricane rains have hit here in central Ohio - and the winds are starting to pick up.  Hope you all stay safe and dry.
'Til next time, happy stitching.

3 comments:

  1. I love the OSU quilt! My friend wants to make a quilt for her granddaughter the says HSC (for her HS; I'm going to show her this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern. My youngest son goes to a different OSU (Oklahoma State). He'd love that quilt done in Orange & black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I purchase this OSU pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!