Lucy Boston

Thursday, October 4, 2012

September finishes

 I LOVE Autumn! 
All the changing leaf colors. 
Cool nights.  
Soup!!!
Also, decorating... 
pulling out those garlands
and candles
and quilts!

I was commissioned to make this table topper for Jennie:
 Autumn Concentric Log Cabin
The kit is available from The Goods Wives Co. -the instructions are in the kit- and those strips are cut 1" wide.  I believe there are 27 "rounds" of color.  Isn't it fun?  (: I now have the kit to make one for myself...  'Cause I needed another kit in my life:)  The picture turned out a little more orange-y than it really reads, but I now think I "need" one of these in my home :)!
 Then I made up these table mats below
Fall Geese in the Cabin

Fall Hour Glass on left, Fall Steps on right
Each one is 15" to 18" square and was so quick and easy to make.  They are all in my local quilt shop - The Good Wives Co. now (as samples with kits and patterns available)
but will soon be back at my house,
helping to
welcome Autumn to my place!!!
Are you ready for the changing of seasons?

2 comments:

  1. Love your toppers and purchased two of the kits when we were at Good Wives last week. We just arrived home and now it is time to get sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!