Lucy Boston

Sunday, August 23, 2009

"I Have a Feeling"

Do you ever feel "run over"? I'm sure you know the equation:


"Run Down" and "Hung Over". Squish that together = "Run Over".


Only I don't think I'm run down and I don't drink, so I'm not hung over,

so maybe its just a mental feeling. Or maybe it's just the gloomy sky,

or the barometer, or the cycle of the moon or some such explanation.

So when we feel "run over" do we complete our projects or let them be until we're back to par?

And par: that brings golf into the situation! How the heck did golf get into this? (Why is par used in this context AND in golf?) The outcome of the project may have a better finish if completed under the better circumstances. You know, Feng Shui'd or something!

My hand stitching usually is a great relaxer, but even that isn't working today.

So, I'll wait to finish my latest project until when my "I Have a Feeling" feeling is a goner. Instead, I think I'll take a walk on the treadmill (it IS raining), maybe read more of the book I have trouble putting down (it's a GREAT book: "Three Moons Over Sedona" by Sherry Hartzler), and then make some homemade chicken and noodles for dinner. Homemade chicken and noodles always have a cathartic effect - we'll see if it works against "I've Got a Feeling".

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I love the way you think. I used to write in my journal for therapy and slowly it dwindled and now I really have to put some thought and effort into it, but your thoughts seem so mellow and so good! You are oh so right, stitching when you're down just doesn't go so good although sometimes it does seem to lift those doldrums!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!