Lucy Boston

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

another snowy day: Big Tree block & accumulation!

Today I've finished my March block
in the Quilt Doodle Doodles sew along.
Here is my half-pint version of the Big Tree,
the third month's block:
The picture sure makes the block look wonky, but it really was close to square :).
And, the fabrics look brighter
than they really are, but I don't know why.
 
I'm calling my blocks 'half-pint', as I'm making them smaller in size
than the pattern that Cindy is offering over at Quilt Doodle Doodles.
My little squares are 3/4 of an inch finished.
 
So, working on this wintry tree block this afternoon,
I turn to look out the window and
it's a blizzard out there!!
Well, not really, but for the last week of March?
Blizzard-like for sure...
I took this picture at about 4 o'clock this afternoon:
That's more than an inch of accumulation in less than half an hour, and it's still coming down!
Even the robins are going under the deck, trying to hide from the snow!

Another snowy day here in central Ohio...
Snowy inside with my wintry, little Big Tree block and
outside with more snowfall predicted for the evening and a wind chill of zero!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Love your block, it turned out lovely! Thank you for posting about it. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree in the snow block, but you can keep the real stuff in your neighborhood! lol
    t in tn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another mini-me quilt maker. I just don't have the room for LARGE quilts anymore. The snow missed us again. ;-D Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!