Lucy Boston

Friday, April 25, 2014

still April, barely and wise Pooh words

This year is a quarter over already!!!
Time is still flying by - imagine that. :)

Somewhere along the line,
I decided that I could do this,
add that,
and do more of something else...
Why did I think I'd have the time to add even more?

Is this a personal flaw or does everyone do the same?
I'm talking about the adding of another project
into the fullness of life... 
another block of the month,
another quilt project,
adding a baby shower gift,
etc., etc., etc., to the
already overflowing list of "THINGS to DO".
 
I don't think I'm alone here.
If anyone has an answer to this dilemma,
please let me know!
(: but, I won't give up all sleep :)
 
Anyway, since it IS still April,
so just under the wire,
here's my 'half-pint'*
April 'Sparkling Stars' row for 
Block of the Month:
*I'm doing these blocks at half the size as the pattern,
so instead of using two and a half inch strips/squares,
I'm cutting at one and a quarter inches.
 
Thanks, Cindy, for another cute pattern this month!!
And in just a few days, there will be the May block -
I know...more time!
 
And in the words of the wise Pooh bear:
 
“The main problem with this great obsession
for saving time is very simple: you can't save time.
You can only spend it.
But you can spend it wisely or foolishly.”  

3 comments:

  1. Your Civil Unrest is blowing away to my house for a new home and Pooh is helping. My trick this year is just turn around and walk away from the quilt shop. I did it today at the shop hop. Got out of class and went to the Nutter center to meet C. Saw her sitting as I was getting ready to pay to enter. She was done and I declared that I needed nothing and we walked away for lunch. Sort of patting myself on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sparkling stars strip, so cute done in a smaller size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think creative inspiration hits and is hard to ignore, I'm totally in that same place, and you have to admit. sometimes it is so fun! :-}
    I think it is cool that you "shrunk" the snowman quilt, hmm, there is that inspiration bug again ...
    hugs, pokey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!