Lucy Boston

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

month 9 of 10 block of the month

I've been sewing along this year 
with Cindy of Quilt Doodle Doodles 
and her design of a Block Of the Month.

And, surprise, surprise,
even though I changed it up a little (by cutting all my pieces half-sized),
I've kept up! :)
Here's my September block:
Sixty little (3/4" finished) squares in a tree block that measures 5 1/2" by 8 1/2".

One of the reasons I chose to do this BOM sew-along 
was that it was only for 10 months,
January through October.
That means that when that last block comes out for October,
I can have a finished quilt top for THIS WINTER!!
Perfect planning on Cindy's part, wasn't it??

So, one last surprise block to come next month,
and then some embellishment,
And hopefully a finish for this Winter!

Have you joined in any sew-alongs this year?

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!