Lucy Boston

Thursday, May 19, 2016

forget-me-nots and gardening time

My gardening time lately has been limited
to some stitching time on my Gardener's Alphabet block -
Forget-Me-not:
It was a whole lotta'  cast-on-stitch flowers
and even more french knots:
But I love how it turned out!!!
It's not pressed or trimmed down,
and I don't even have the basting threads out,
but I'm counting it DONE!
I have the last two blocks already colored and heat set, 
just need some stitching time. lol
My last two blocks are the
Dicentra, aka Bleeding Heart:

 and the English Daisy:
How about you?  Are you getting some stitching time in?

4 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work :-)
    Hugs from across the big pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful work :-)
    Hugs from across the big pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you color with white crayon first and then draw the colored crayon on top? I've started a crabapple hill project but got hung up with all the (what I considered) extra steps. Nice job, the forget-me-nots are so cute. The cast-on stitch is not something I am familiar with but it makes the blossom stand out and demand for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of stitching work involved in this design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!