Lucy Boston

Sunday, May 1, 2016

The little doll quilt I received in the Swap

I LOVE participating in doll quilt swaps!!!

When I read that Lori of Humble Quilts blog 
decided to host her THIRD swap this past middle of March,
I immediately signed myself up!!
Just a few simple rules: 
finished little quilts to be in the mail by May 1st, 
reproduction fabrics from the 1775-1910 time period,
and under 24 inches.   
Within the week (I believe) there were NINETY participants signed up!!
So exciting!!!

On April 8th, I received an email from Lori, the swap host,
asking if I'd received my little quilt in the mail.
And I hadn't... but thought it was nice that she was checking.

Just the next day, the 9th - a package was here!!!
And my little quilt was from Lori, herself!!!!
It. Is. Just. Adorable!!! 
I absolutely love EVERYTHING about it!!! - fabrics, colors, workmanship. 
It was even hand quilted, and it still arrived way before the deadline!!! 
(: can you tell that the hand-quilting-part-but-early-arrival impressed me? :)
What an awesome little quilt from the swap!!!
Thank you, thank you, Lori!!!  
(Humble Quilts blog)
It's going on my vintage treadle machine next to my stitching chair!!
(ps - I'd even seen a picture of my little quilt on Lori's blog before she sent it, but didn't connect it with her call asking if I'd received my quilt in the mail. )

The little quilt that I sent, went off to the state
of Washington, and should arrive tomorrow, Monday.

I'm so glad I was able to participate again this year!!!
Making new quilty-friends across the miles!!  

11 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little quilt. I would love to have something that Lori made - how lucky. I wanted so much to participate in the swap but just not enough time. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely doll quilt...love the centre block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you - what a great little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little quilt for sure! I love these swaps too. Eagerly awaiting a little quilt in the mail;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! One from Lori herself. How exciting! I do love that one. So far I have loved them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky me, I got you as my swap partner. My guy thought I made the piece you sent me, it was that spot on. I LOVE it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty little doll quilt, how fun it is from Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your sweet words. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfectly scrappy & humble.. i LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love red, white and blue quilts. Yours is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous quilt. Lori is amazing, and always hosts fun swaps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!