August was a great month -
birthday celebrations, plural;
vacations, kind of plural -
we had a family/friend vacation, which I shared about previously,
then I kept the three grand kiddos for five days over the long holiday weekend while sonny-boy and sweet wifey vacationed/went to New Hampshire for a friend's wedding/camp.
So much fun to have the grand kiddos stay for sleepovers. They are probably as excited as I am about the time! Really, no kidding about this... I so look forward to making these memories! :)
I can not believe that another Summer is winding down -
(I don't count it gone until the calendar officially changes to Autumn, though.)
So with all the fun family times here,
not a whole lot of stitching getting done...
- I'm sewing along on my Gwennie Inspired Medallion Sew Along, and that definitely suffered from the too-busy-not-enough-time-to-stitch, during the month of August. I have stars and more stars sewn into blocks, but not attached as of yet for the previous 'round'/border.
- I'm still stitching on my Circa 2016 blocks (by Temecula Quilt Company), which I don't believe I've shared any pictures to date.
- Still slow stitching on my Sweet Surrender applique blocks - with the emphasis on the SLOW!
- And, because it's been soooooo hot and steamy, our air conditioners (yes, plural - haha) decided it was time for them both to take a break, so it's been a little hot inside, too.
- With THOSE ^ air conditioner problems, came the additional issue of my Long Arm machine - BigDD, not wanting to work, too... I really think she decided if it was too hot for the airco to work, it was too hot for her! So I've had fun trying to get that figured out while sweating away the days.
|some of my stars for the Gwennie inspired stitch along|
|Circa 2016 - I think these were the blocks from May|
|Sweet Surrender - slow stitching|
Thanks for visiting, and hope your August was wonderful!