Lucy Boston

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

scrap play

Scraps.  Lots of small scraps. 
Postage stamp sized little pieces of fabric... 
one inch finished little squares!
I've had this style of quilt on my 'someday list'
for almost as long as I can remember. lol

So when this quilt:
in this book:
was mentioned at the Fall quilt retreat...
well, I was hooked.  
But I wasn't the only one enthralled.  
There were handfuls of us that needed to do this quilt!
There was a movement of sorts. LOL
We all ordered or purchased books.  
We stocked our fabric stashes with setting fabric.
A facebook group was started for stamp-sized-fabric-minded quilters 
(Thank you Rosemary Youngs!!).


After Christmas, I started gathering scraps.
My scraps,
Scraps sent to me by friends:
Thank you Wendy! Constant Quilter blog
The pattern calls for width-of-fabric strips.  
I decided I'd like my quilt to be a little more scrappy, 
so I cut the equivalent of only quarter WOF pieces.  
Equaling a whole lot of scrap play!!!
And here are some of my strip sets:
There are many more strip sets, but that's a good representation.

I'm finding so many old favorite fabrics in working on this quilt,
and a great way to spend some of my leisure time.
Which is where I'll be this afternoon!

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you are having a wonderful week, too!!

3 comments:

  1. I love postage stamp quilts. I've made about 8 blocks 10 X 10 but it's in a tin on the shelf. Putting the blocks into a quilt like this has all kinds of possibilities. Look forward to watching you have fun as you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen several of the 42 cent quilts in the works. A ton of little squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So timely! I was going to review the book on my blog but got waylaid! This is my favorite quilt in the book. Can't wait to watch it grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!