Lucy Boston

Monday, March 13, 2017

March.... March.... March

Sweetie and I had the grandsons over 
for sleepover a couple of weeks ago,
and at the ages of five and three,
it seems as though they can always teach me something.
For instance, did you know that 
March comes after Jan-bary? 
And that Moms and Grandmas use 
the wintertime (wintertime is after Christmas) 
to march around and clean up the house?  
And that's why it's called March - 
march, march, marching orders, you know!  Cracking me up!!

Guess I do normally, kind of use the time before 
Spring arrives to do some clean up. lol
My own 'marching orders' 
(after putting away all the Christmas decor)
is to get out the Winter stuff - snowmen and snowflakes,
wintery table toppers, etc.
And as of today, we are finally getting
some WINTER WEATHER!! SNOW HAS ARRIVED!! 
(Finally Winter! And I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts!) 
But soon, since Spring's arrival is just around the corner of the week,
all that snowy decor will come down and 
it will be time to put out the Spring-y table toppers 
and bouquets, bunnies and chicks.
Do you do a seasonal change over?

In the quilting department, I've also been taking time to continue piecing the
little one-inch stamps
of my 42-Cents Forever Stamp quilt.
Eighty stamp blocks made, and the alternate
piecing strips and blocks are ready to piece together, too.
It does look rather Spring-like,
so I guess I'm March, March, Marching ahead toward Spring!    
Hope you're enjoying your end of Winter, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute! Grandchildren do say the darndest things don't they? You are making good progress on Betsy's quilt. Can't wait to see it finished! They have predicted 18" - 20" of snow for today. Can't wait. Spring in 7 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is going to be a real treasure! Those pieces are so tiny... I made a scrappy trip around the world with 2-1/2" pieces and that was PLENTY small. Cant wait to see it finished 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!