Lucy Boston

Thursday, April 25, 2013

quilts!!

It's been rainy, overcast and quite chilly here lately -
like October weather almost. 
Certainly not late April.
So, since it's not warm enough
to be outside playing in the mud flower beds,
I've been doing just a little quilting.
 
First - check out this cute table runner by Sharon:
I think it's from the book "Civil War Quilts".
Isn't that a great one for using up scraps?
 
Next, Janet did this great "quilt of valor":
(sorry, again, can't turn it right side up)
Here's a close up of some of the quilting.
Janet did a great job - I love quilting for her as all of her work is perfection!

And, finally, a picture from my house...
Two things wrong with this picture:
One -
what is that bright, shiny, glaring something back behind the barn?
Could that possibly be what is called sunshine??!!!
Is that what it's supposed to look like?  I kinda' forget :)

Two -
see that huge schmear smear on the glass?
Think the grandbaby had a snack
that he probably wasn't supposed to be having
with GrandPaPa aka Sweetie?  :)

Happy Thursday!
and here's wishing you sunshine and clean windows! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice quilt of valor! I like that patternn and your quilting is great. Also love the little table runner - I'm going to have to see if I have that book and make thata one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!