Lucy Boston

Saturday, June 11, 2016

fun with scrap fabric

Well, I did it...
joined in another Sew Along!

I have SOOOOOO many quilt projects that I've already started.
And twice that many more that I'd like to get to Someday.
But, when I saw all the fun that my quilter friends were getting into
with the Gwennie Inspired Medallion QAL
I dropped ahem, maybe a few things,
and joined right in! lol

On June 6th, I saw that Lori (Humble Quilts blog) 
posted a link-y page for everyone that had wanted to join 
in the Gwen Marston Inspired Sew Along.
The link-y page is to share the Basket Blocks that had been made.
At that time there were only 5 or 6 people that had a finished block for their quilt center.
I visited each of those blogger's posts and kept thinking I Don't Need Another Project.
I DON'T Need Another Project!
Famous last words... 
The next day - the 7th, I grabbed scraps and
join in for the fun!!!

Scissors, scraps, applique pins, needle and thread, and four days later I have THIS:
I scissor cut everything freehand.  Needle-turned the applique, and perfectly imperfect!
I love it!!! It is Gwennie inspired! 

Like others that have joined in on this, I've known of Gwen from magazine articles that she contributed to Lady's Circle Patchwork (1980's I believe); also from her great quilt books and quilt pictures, but I'd never met her in person.  Since she's been such an inspiration to my quilting life, and I've also been inspired by Lori, Cynthia, Cathy, Katy, and Wendy - the gals that came up with this GREAT Sew Along, I decided, I guess I DO NEED to start another project...
Then I saw this picture on Wendy's blog:
Clinched it!  It's Totally me!!!

The next 'round' for the medallion basket is 'Childhood Memories', chosen by Cynthia!
More fun to share the beginning of July!

8 comments:

  1. Nice block! I keep saying the same thing, then starting something new, too. Who says you can't have 30 UFO's, as long as you plan on finishing them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will very much enjoy participating in this stitch along. It is hard to resist all the fun sew-alongs but I have done pretty good of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is lovely. I guess I'm going to have to live through you on this project as I just don't have a chance to even begin it. Sob! Look forward to seeing the next border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly imperfect! What a great block!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I am so glad you have joined in. As they say, begun is half done! I've long since decided that I have to live to be 210 in order to finish all the quilts in my head! Love your center and can't wait to see the next border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute center for the SAL - I can't wait to see how you all interpret Childhood on the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you've joined in! Don't know how I missed your link when you first posted. Tomorrow is our Childhood border reveal! Your basket is just so folky and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your appliqued basket. Looking forward to seeing your childhood and log cabin rounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!