Lucy Boston

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

surprise, surprise...

more quilt pictures!

I can now share the wedding quilt
that I was commissioned to make
as a surprise from parents
to their son and new daughter-in-law
for their wedding:
 Larger than queen-size, with pillow shams,
in navy and coral, their wedding colors.

The Crazy 9-patch pattern was chosen, and I used 36 different fabrics in the blocks, plus the border and backing fabrics. 
It was fun to make, and they loved it!
So nice to make people happy,
and doing what makes me happy!!! lol.

Now getting ready for the annual family reunion,
so back to work for me!
Hope your week is wonderful!!!

5 comments:

  1. How special that the parents arranged for this gorgeous quilt to be made for the newly weds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that there are people who still want to give a quilt as a wedding gift. Many years ago, I was asked to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt for a grandmother to give as a wedding gift.
    We had to miss my husband's family reunion in Ohio this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that was worth the wait. I love it! They must be thrilled. Have a super time at your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so generous with your time and talent. You leave me in the dust! I love that their names are quilted in the border - nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so generous with your time and talent. You leave me in the dust! I love that their names are quilted in the border - nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!