Lucy Boston

Monday, June 24, 2013

summer time & quilting

Well, the weather sure took a turn to the HOT here!!!
Summer has arrived, right on schedule and let us know it!
And "DD" - the long-arm machine, is in the sun room.
The sun room that faces the southwest...
you can guess what that means, can't you?
I've been doing some HOT quilting :)

Quilting for other folks, not for me...
(good for them, not so much for my stash-shrinkage).
Here's Elaine's log cabin table topper:
52" square
(No, I have not started mine yet :), but I think I've quilted five of these now.)
 

And four more hot pad blocks for Sharon:
each 14 inches square
 
Sharon is in her first applique class and is up-to-date now with her three blocks each month of this "Our Flower Garden" class at The Good Wives Co. in Marion (and, again, you still can't tell she's just a beginner quilter - it's pretty amazing).


On the note of cherry-picking - this could be the best crop we've had in over a decade!  I'm almost tired of pickin' :0 but they are so deliciously tart! and will be oh, so good this Winter.

Happy last week of June to you!
I'm off to do a little stitching of my own.

1 comment:

  1. The applique blocks caught my eye. Very well done. The one with the bird and the one with the berries are my favorite.

    What kind of cherries?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!