Lucy Boston

Sunday, October 20, 2013

binding question & WINNER

Well, to my surprise,
 there ARE folks out there in blog land
that expressed interest in my leftover strips from my table topper!
So I chose a winner by random draw.
But before I get to the winner -
there was a question/comment about the binding on my finish:
 
I cut binding at 2 1/4 inches for a double-fold, not the usual 2 1/2". 
When attaching binding (by machine) onto the quilt top, 
I move my needle over (away from the raw edge) 
to make the binding itself
just a little more than a quarter inch wide.
 
Just that 1/4 inch cutting difference &
a few threads over in needle-moving
makes a binding that I really like -
reminds me of the thin binding on antique quilts!
Hopes that answers that question.
Now,
on to the WINNER!
 
The winner of my
strip-y string-y leftover
thingies
is
Karen -
the first comment left!
Congratulations, Karen.
Karen, get me your snail mail address,
and I'll get the string-y thingies in the mail asap!
**********************************
Now, on to my English paper piecing project -
somehow I've not posted my finished blocks for the last handful of months! Oops!
Don't know why, but haven't shared since May! 
So I'll be back soon with my
"I'm still lovin' my Lucy blocks!"...
more Lucy Boston- Patchwork of the Crosses blocks to share!

Hope your weekend was a great one!
Debra

3 comments:

  1. YAY to Karen! and thanks for the binding tips. I like the look of skinny old bindings too. T in TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say presentation is everything! You've got everything! Could not be happier! Thanks so much! I look forward to playing with them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you received your strings package! Have fun! And thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!