Lucy Boston

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

my Good Night - Irish Lass quilt

I finished 'my Irish Lass' quilt!
Irish Lass, aka Good Night Irene.

I named it the 'Irish Lass' because
besides the fabrics being
all shamrocks, clover, Celtic knots and shades of green, 

I made it for a beautiful Irish lass,
as a welcome into this German family.
Mylifeisastitch.blogspot.com
My Irish Lass quilt
For the shower, the gift theme was holidays...
with a count down not just to the wedding day,
but also to each holiday throughout the year.
It was a cute idea, with many thoughtful and creative gifts.

My assigned holiday was St. Patrick's Day,
so this quilt fit the theme perfectly!
(I loved it a lot, but gifted it anyway. :)
And I think she may have loved it even more,
as there were tears in her eyes.
Which made me have tears in my eyes.
That's always a nice thank you for a quilt,
knowing the receiver loved your work.
Here are a few glamor shots...
the scrappy binding:
and close-ups of the quilting:
'May your Blessings out-number the shamrocks'

My meandering of loopy, three-leafed clover & four-leafed shamrocks
The backing was a green-plaid homespun,
which you can just see a peek of in this photo.
My thanks to Terry of Terry's Treasures
for hosting the Good Night Irene sew-along.
The sew-along was my inspiration for this quilt,
along with the stack of green/shamrock fabrics I had stashed in my studio. 

Back in a couple of days - I have Lucy Boston blocks to share!

Happy July Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Your Irene is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sewing along with us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diane!! And thank you for your contribution of fabrics from your collection of shamrocks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!