Lucy Boston

Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Here in the U.S. of A., today, Monday, is Labor Day.
The Labor Day holiday is traditionally the end of our Summer.
I've been laboring, but the fun kind of labor -
keeping the grand kiddos whilst their parents move into their new home.
Also, I've been having fun, doing some of the cooking and hauling meals over to them while they concentrate on the actual labor. :)

Just yesterday, I was able to deliver my gift quilt
to Poppy and meet her as she came to visit at just a week old!
She's such a sweetie, and I'm sure she loves her quilt as much as I loved making it for her!
Last week, I also stitched up some more of my Farm Girl Vintage blocks...
I'm loving making these six inch blocks!
 And, I don't think I showed the ones I had done the week before,
so here they are:
 
Back to Labor Day plans,
the grand kiddos are coming over again today (while SonnyBoy continues his unpacking), so we have great plans - swimming and enjoying the 90+ degree weather; also we'll have a hot dog roast as we have some downed branches to make a little bonfire.
Later tonight, THE Ohio State Buckeyes have their season-opener football game, so there will be some home-gating/football watching going on around here.  

Hope your weekend is grand, also!

1 comment:

  1. Your weather for Labor Day weekend must have been just perfect for outdoor activities. Sort of a last hurrah before fall sets in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!