Lucy Boston

Monday, December 15, 2014

pedal to the metal -

it's getting close to Christmas!

I've be working (frantically, it seems) on the commissioned quilt that will be a gift.
I had the machine cleaned, bobbins filled and a new blade in the rotary cutter when this arrived in my mail box:
Quarter-yard cuts of 'Irish', 
the top white dot for setting fabric,
and the bottom green, little stripe for backing.  

I ordered this green stash from Fabric Shack of Waynesville, Ohio, 
which is a couple of hours drive from me.  
I ordered after their closing on Wednesday 
and I had it on my cutting mat on FRIDAY by noon!
And, they only charged half of the shipping amount!!!  

So, thanks to the wonderful customer service from Fabric Shack, 
I was able to start almost immediately!
I cut 2 1/2 by 10 1/2 inch strips from each fabric, 
and sewed them into fours THAT DAY:
Trimmed, then sub-cut into strips and ready to make 16-patch blocks!:
By Saturday afternoon, all 32 of the 16-patch blocks 
and the start of the X-blocks made:
So I feel like it's a great start!

Yesterday afternoon, we did the family tree-trek:
 


It was a great day - partly sunny and about 45 degrees.

The little guys are here today, playing while mommy and daddy are shopping.
So no sewing on the gift-y quilt or decorating the tree, but we sure are having fun!!
And pedal back to the metal tonight.

Hope your Monday is wonderful, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!