Lucy Boston

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Flags, part 4

Flags of the American Revolution (a sew-along with Lori  of Humble Quilts fame),
 and it's time to share!

In the nick of time to share along with the participating group, 
I've taken a picture of my hand-appliqued block
that was part of this month's 'assignment':
I REALLY like it!  It was a whole lot o' little points to turn under.  And if I cared just a little more, I'd un-stitch and re-do that white point up near the eagle's beak.  But, I don't, so I'm not.  I think it adds just a little more character.

Here's a picture that tells the real, more complete story:
I still have five more stars to stitch down on this flag!!  
And, I didn't make a single one of the 
pieced star blocks that were also assigned.

Instead of being home and doing the usual 
getting ready for the holidays and cleaning 
and decorating and baking and then stitching in the evenings, 
I've run off with Sweetie and the Sonny-boy 
and his family and made some 
MAGIC memorial moments in the Florida Disney parks.
Oh, and I've walked my feet off !!  
(It's been a whole lot of fun, though much more tiring.)
We're driving home today and tomorrow, 
so maybe, sort of back to the usual schedule this coming week!

Happy weekend and Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. I really like how your eagle is coming out and you are doing a great job on it--I will have to pop over and see if it is still available!!!
    Safe travels-
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do the pieced star blocks either. I was lucky to get the eagle done and I fused and machine stitched it. This block was a bit of a challenge for needle turn but you are doing so well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block and I'm sure you will feel relief when it is finished - that block was a bear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!