Lucy Boston

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OK, I know this is randomness, but, here goes:

It's a small world after all,
it's a small world after all, 
it's a small world after all,
it's a small, small, world.

The Disney ride by that name was designed to showcase different cultures and promote world peace.  In a perfect world, world peace.
I was sad when I heard Disney World in Orlando, Florida was renovating the area.  Sad, very, very, sad.  (I have heard there is also a Small World ride in California, but I have not experienced that one.)  I hope that they are just updating this attraction.  And, I hope it is not a goner.  How will we go on if it is no longer the same?
If you have ever been to Disney World and gone through the ride "Small World", you will understand.  Maybe it is just an urban legend...the tune really does not stay with you forever... just a few weeks... 


No where else could you go and have that song stick in your head for the next week or month like it would after going through  "Small World" just one time. 

And if you were really tired toward the end of the park day, you could ride through that air conditioned, gentle boat ride, get back in the queue and right back on the ride again with hardly any break in the music! 

Ask my children or my nieces and nephew:  you sing it over and over the first day, day and a half.  As you are about to drift off to sleep, the song just springs from your tired little lips.  The rest of that week you hum or sing it over and over with really no provocation at all.  After the second week you only hum it in the shower or when driving. 
My children are grown and on their own, and I promise you they will still tell you the same thing:  "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small, world".

Really.  Sing it along with me. 
Sing it out loud.
I know you know it...
Ready?
Go:
It's a small world after all,
it's a small world after all,
it's a small world after all,
it's a small, small, world.
I was going to put a link here, but I decided that would have been mean. 
You really would be singing it all week along with me.

'smiling, and humming' - hope you have a great day in your small, small world! 
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!