Lucy Boston

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winners & another quilt-a-long

This is what I sent to my winners from last week:
"The yellow ones don't stop" 
was a trivia question from my New York City trip -
you know...the trip THREE WEEKS AGO
 where I came back with Flu York...
I'm finished with feeling yucky-finally, mostly.  
Flu is gone, it's now just a residual bronchial happening.   
I can deal with that - drugs and more drugs.

Anyway, 'cause I was bored, 
(three weeks without leaving your house will do that)
and shopping browsing online,
I ordered this book for myself...a get-better-quick gift.

Simply Charming 
Small Scrap Quilts of Yesteryear
by Tara Lynn Darr

I also ordered a couple extra copies of this book
to send to my WINNERS!!

It's a great book for vintage, small quilt projects.

Also, since I've been bored and online,
I found a group of quilters
doing a quilt-a-long FROM THIS BOOK!!!
HERE (Kathy at Kindred Quilts)
and HERE (Darlene at Quilting Daze).

What's better than that?
A great new book 
AND 
a vintage, small quilt quilt-a-long 
at the same time!!!

So, congrats Cheryl and Terry!
I know you'll love the the book!
Just don't know if you'll love me 
for finding you a new, YEAR LONG, quilting project!!

Happy Stitching!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're going to play along. Sending the books to Cheryl & Terry is why YOU ROCK! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this wonderful book! I can't wait to start making some of the lovely quilts from it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for my copy! It's right here beside me. Can you tell that I'm way behind in my blog reading? Trying to get caught up today, but, I doubt that I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!