Lucy Boston

Monday, March 25, 2013

quilting, snow and soup

Another snow storm has passed through Central Ohio...
another 6 inches or so.  It's beautiful.
It's also nice to be able to work from home - quilting.
And cooking while I'm stitching away...
it's Soup Time!!!
 
That's kind of been my theme this Winter...
Snow and Soup.
What's better than a big pot of soup simmering as the snow falls??

I made up a batch of Beef-Barley-Vegetable soup and
some crusty bread - man does the house smell great!
(If only I had fresh cream...I'd churn up some fresh butter
just like Great-Grandma B always seemed to have on hand
when there was a snow storm blowin' in.)

HA!!
Check out my bread-baking bowls:
Can you tell from the color of my Pyrex 
which decade I received these as a wedding gift???
Makes me smile. 
Anyway,
 
Snow, quilting, cooking...
what a great way to finish up the last week of March!

3 comments:

  1. Nice meal for the snow day! And I'm guessing 1970's??-funny - I have those same bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love soup and really love Pyrex, any color. I think must have been married before colored Pyrex and what I do have I have purchased. I did have a red dot FireKing bowl that my oldest son loved because I always let rolls rise in it. In 2011, I sent it to him, we were going to his house for Thanksgiving, and wanted to let him know I would make rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bowls. I had a turquoise set once. Who knows where they got to. Broken maybe.
    Soup looks delicious. I like you make soup and combine it with my craft, writing. Stir awhile, write awhile. Keep up the beautiful work, Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!