Lucy Boston

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day/Sew Day

When I heard that there was a snow storm a-brewin'
and heading my way, I think I cheered.
OK, I KNOW I cheered... 
cheered like a kid watching the news
for a school cancellation.
Part of my feeling of happiness comes from the
beauty and quietness brought on by a heavy snow...
the fresh, heavy blanket of  'white stuff' 
drapes and covers all sharp angles and muffles sounds.
Here's my little corner of the world early this morning:
And here's what caused the excitement last night:
It was snowing chunks!!!

Also, part of the cheering is for my self-imposed Snow Day/Sew Day...
I get to stay in and Quilt!!!
My Sally Post Garden hand-quilting:
What do you do with a Snow/Sew day?

2 comments:

  1. I don't get much snow where I live, but I don't think I'd be excited about a storm coming! Nice hand quilting block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love a good snow storm too, Sadly, I had to work, but since the roads were a mess the shop I work at didn't open until 11am (instead of 9) so I got to spend an extra hour sewing--after shoveling of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!