Lucy Boston

Friday, September 11, 2009

My Crazy Pumpkin Patch

I am not ready to declare the summer going, going, gone, but I HAVE been working on an Autumn project...


This is a peek at my version of crazy patchwork and one of my favorite seasons-Autumn. It's paper piecing, but not miniature, so easy to do. This pattern I designed is for a class I'm offering this fall for beginning paper piecing, so it will be great for that purpose, but I think it's calling me to stitch and bead and embellish like "crazy"! I even may add some applique...it seems a little on the plain side, even though it's crazy patched. I used a lot of batiks hoping that would liven it up. What do you think? If you were doing it, would you jazz it up, add stitching, add applique?

The class is available at my local quilt shop:


Always in Stitches, Grove City, Ohio. Jump over to the A.I.S. page to check the schedule if you're interested. The pattern is also available at "Always In Stitches". Just give them a call (614-539-7845), and they can drop one in the mail for you. That way you, too, can start some paper-piecing-crazy-stitchin' fall project. And you don't have to declare summer gone either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!