Lucy Boston

Friday, April 29, 2011

another wonderful

Easter! 
Last weekend, my family, my house...
and even though it's the same old/same old,
it's just wonderful and fun! 
Same old/same old,
as most everyone brings the same foods to share to each dinner,
and I prepare the same meat/potatoes dishes
but we love it!!!
Sharing family recipes and dishes and memories! 

It was a little different this year,
only about 25 people, as not everyone could make it home,
so we missed seeing some faces :(
Oh yeah, and it was wet and soggy...
the sun did come out just a pinch,
so the egg hunt was on the decks
and in the flower beds around the house
and spread onto the drive/parking area
around the puddles and mud :)
Everyone laughed and had fun
and had waaaay too much to eat. 

And there was enough food leftover
that we could ask some neighbors up
for dinner later in the day to share our bounty.
We even shared our "peeps s'mores",
But, please notice that I've used the dark chocolate,
so you know it's good for you!
Anyway...

Now, this weekend is Sweetie's family dinner...
double the people and double the food and laughs.
I hope not double the rain!

I always change up what I take food-wise
to the in-laws,
just to keep
the in-laws on their toes, don't you know.

And, yes, I'm sharing the
"peeps s'mores" with them, too!
so now they'll really think I've lost it! :)
I'm telling ya' -
keep 'em on their toes!

Hope your weekend is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!