Lucy Boston

Sunday, February 26, 2012

all up, down, and around

SO...pictures as promised in yesterday's post...
First, from a quilt shop I visited
while in Rhode Island...
Here's the entrance:
Folk Art Quilts, Wakefield, RI
A very quaint shop, in a very quaint town, the owner and her sister were both pleasant; she/or they loved the large scale, two color print fabric, so there was a great collection of that. And they had the newest line of Lecien fabrics by Crabapple Hill!
My camera evidently didn't flash, so no inside picture, sorry -
but, here's the stash I gathered:
that's all the fabrics that I need, (yes, Need) for my
hand-embroidery project for this year -
Snow Days/Crabapple Hill.
The fabric on the left is Primitive Muslin by Primitive Gatherings, that I chose for my stitchery blocks.  Then, look at all of those great lights and mediums for the block piecings!
 Next I drove through a corner of Massachusetts and back into Rhode Island 
(!, not as bad as it sounds, it was only 25 minutes:)
and stopped in this shop:
Just Quilts, Bristol, RI
I picked up this cool tree fabric:
Don't know what I'll do with it, but I LOVE trees,
so I will find something to make, I'm sure.

Then on the drive home,
Sweetie, being bored in the car at only two hours into our 12+ hour drive,
plugged "quilts" into the GPS-thingy
(without me asking, btw; that's one of the reasons I call him Sweetie:)
and found a quilt shop only 20 minutes off the path home!
And he must have been really bored already,
as he suggested we make the side trip!
We found this quilt shop in the corner of an "L"-shaped strip center.
Quilting By The Yard, Vernon, CT
But, as we walked in, it was totally different
than the impression given by the strip center!
Each of those alcoves, pictured above, is a different family of color in their color wall!!
Totally worth the side-trip, even if it had been 3 times longer/out of the way!
Great selection of fabrics, friendly, and brightly lit.
Laura, one of the owners, was very friendly,
and will ship by phone order-
(which you will want to do when you see the stash I got).
If you give them a call or visit, Tell them that I said HI!
My acquisitions?
I totally spent my b-day money all up :)
when I saw Rouenneries Duex by French General:
THEN...
The entire line of
Blueberry Crumbcake by Blackbird Designs!
That's when I spent my b-day money 
not just all up,
but all down and around, too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!