Lucy Boston

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweetie, "Hunny" & a little meandering

Well, I don't know how or why,
but that last week just FLEW by!
Can't believe that today is already Valentine's Day!
Did you think that the
 Sweetie and "Hunny"
had to do with the holiday???

No, really about some stuff going on here at the homestead...

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, 
that the time flying by is all the stuff
that Sweetie has been planning for me
as he sits on the couch again this week:
this is week 4 of nine in his foot surgery recovery.
Not that I'm counting or anything :)

And, the "Hunny" and meadering is quilt fun!!:

I got the chance to do some meandering
all over a couple of really cute baby quilts last week!

The first that I'll share is Janet's...
she did awesome hand-embroideries of Pooh and friends,
then pieced around her stitched blocks with really cute fabrics and border!
Really, I should have taken a pic of the back of her hand-embroidery blocks...
they were as good on the back as the front, and that was perfect!
Unbelievable!!!
Here's a close-up of her hand work, with my echo quilting around it: 
 Isn't that just the cutiest little Pooh?
(: can't believe I just asked if that wasn't the cutest little Pooh! :)
Anyway, here's a close-up of the design I decided to meander with...
 my hand-guided "hunny" bees and loopy paths.
Then, if that wasn't just a great quilt to work on,
I also got to meander across a quilt by Stella:
 Another great baby quilt!!!
This one I stitched (also hand-guided) the words from the nursery rhymn:
"Snips and snails and puppy dog tails,
that's what little boys are made of".
Those were some great quilts to be able to play with!
Thanks, Gals!!!

Hope your Valentine's Day was great, and
Happy Stitching!

p.s. don't forget about my Followers Giveaways this month -
gifts are yours for the asking (check it out here).

1 comment:

  1. i love the baby quilts, especially the pooh one. Is there a pattern available, and where did the Pooh and friends come from-what fabric line?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!