and there are reasons too numerous to mention!!
So, here goes for a couple of meanderings:
"Path to the Civil War":
Next, is Patty's...
She used a pattern (from a book, sorry, I don't know the name, but I can find out if you need it) and did her own finagling of the pattern.
The pic doesn't show,
but this is all shades of grays and pinks and just gorgeous
|close up of meandering|
|scrappy back to match quilt top|
I have done many things besides my own quilts...
And those reasons too numerous to mention???
Well, here are a couple of handfuls of reasons,
but not all of the reasons too numerous to mention:
- We had a break-in/robbery which I can't share about right now, but will after the court date...the follow-up from that added to the "things to do" list
- There were storms & clean-up of downed trees
- after the storm cooking as no power = freezer thawing = cook it and eat it
- lack of electric/cable/telephone/Internet means early to bed and early to rise, but not good for things you could be doing around the house
- returning storms = no machine quilting or piecing as I don't want to get my machines zapped with electrical surges, of which there were many
- family reunion
- more cooking for the local senior group picnic
- piecing and quilting for the LQS in prep for the Shop Spree/Hop
- and family stuff (includes after storm clean-up) which is FUN but doesn't help get stuff done around here :)
Well, maybe, I'd take away the first one - the robbery part!
But I'm thinking,
I might have to do a self-imposed retreat/lock-in.
My house is becoming a disaster
and my own Work In Progress list
is not dwindling.
Tomorrow I'll share my quilt "Wallflowers",
that I worked on after the robbery,
... that was the end of May...
and I'm telling you,
that hand-quilting is therapy!
Wallflowers is finished, and hanging in the great room.
So, I guess I do have a finish of my own
in the past couple of months of chaos!