Lucy Boston

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Argyle for the swap

I'm a member of an online group
of quilters that like and make primitive quilts,
and I 'hopped' right in when the group
offered a Spring-y mini-quilt swap!
A close up view of my Spring Argyle
I had the 'draw' of Jennie, from Georgia.
She shared today that the quilt I sent has arrived and she loves it.
She also shared a picture to the Prim Group, with her new little quilt displayed on the outside deck in the sunshine-y 70 degree weather!  (I'm just a little jealous of her Spring-like temps.)
This is what I sent for Jennie:
Well, not the whole table-top set-up,
but the quilt that I named - Spring Argyle:
Spring Argyle
My supplies were Civil War reproduction fabrics cut into 2 1/2 inch squares, 
and a great, variegated purple Valdani thread (color #O86, in size 12), that I used to hand-quilt with a big-stitch.
I am so glad that she liked it;
I also liked it - so much so that I now have to make one for myself! :)
I'd also like to thank Karen (LogCabinQuilter)
for doing all the work in coordinating the exchange!

2 comments:

  1. It does look argyle style. Thank you for participating in the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Now I really need to try the big stitch. It really makes the argyle in this little quilt. What a great name!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!