Lucy Boston

Monday, May 4, 2015

One of these things

is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn't belong... 
Do you remember that Sesame Street song?
Well, I sure did after I pressed my strawberry blocks!

I have all of the blocks made for my quilt-y gift!
As I pressed each strawberry block, I put it off to the side.
And I didn't even notice UNTIL it was 
off to the side that one was definitely different.

I had purposefully sewn the 'stem and leaf' sections
with some of the leaves going left and others going right.
But do you see the strawberry on the right-hand side in the above picture?
That's an Oops.  

Who knows why I didn't notice that the stem and leaf section was upside down??

It was a quick fix.  And I'm glad that I noticed it before all the blocks were sewn together and quilted!

But that song's been stuck in my head all day.
I know I'll be humming it to put myself to sleep.


3 comments:

  1. leave it! it adds interest. and who know the leafy part could be pointing down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I would leave it, but then I'm quirky. I think that was my children's favorite Sesame Street song and now I can't get it out of my head either! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad oops. I think I would leave it. I did fix my big star that was missing two points. That was a bigger oops.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!