Lucy Boston

Monday, July 26, 2010

hopping

As in Shop Hopping!!
How do you spell success?
Well, they say that a picture is worth a thousand words...
OK, this is not really my
stash accumulation
from one day
of shopping the local shop hop!
Well, part of it is

It all started when I pulled out some fabric
that I wanted to add to
whilst I was hopping.
And the pile just grew and grew...
so I took a picture of the fabrics I had on hand.
That picture I carried with me on the shop hop excursion.
Guess I really didn't need to add much for this project, from the look of things!

This is what I really
 picked up
while hopping:

from top left:
miscellaneous fabric that called my name,
wools for the Primitive Garden quilt,
blues and whites for another
"Walking in a Winter Wonderland" quilt,
patriotic fabrics and ribbon for a needle case project,
and needles for wool applique.
(not pictured: 8 - third yard cuts of French General's Lumiere de Noel)
It was a good day!

Visited all ten shops in the hop,
arriving at the first at opening at 9 o'clock in the a.m.
and the last before the 7 o'clock p.m. closing time! 
Had a sit-down lunch at a Chipotle (yum)
and a sit-down Italian dinner after the hop was over.
And then got out all the stuff and drooled.
And planned.
And yawned.
Hopping all day is tiring.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!