Lucy Boston

Thursday, October 21, 2010

blue plate special

Remember the " blue plate special"?
I remember the local mom & pop place in town
always had a sign outside for a "blue plate special".
Do you suppose they really had blue plates?

But, that is not why I bring up the "blue plate"...

I recently read
some study
that was about eating habits
and how those eating habits are affected by the
color of the plate you eat from...

Supposedly,
the color blue is not pleasant to your senses when combined with serving food,
therefore, you would unconsiously eat less if served on a blue plate...
Don't know if this is true or not, but,
just in case...
this is the color of my snack plates:
And this is the snack
that I put on my snack plate last time:
Yep, that's my turtle cheesecake...
I don't know for sure if
the blue plate/eat less thing
is working for me, though...
I still ate the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!