Lucy Boston

Monday, October 18, 2010

meanderings...

Yes, the quilting jobs are abundant
as we move toward that gift giving season! 
Yes, I'm Lovin' it!
Check out this first one:
This one I got to work on for Cathy.
It is an old top that was mostly hand pieced, 
but had some machine piecing. 
The light fabrics were many different white with blue shirtings.
The dark fabrics were navy blues: some solids, and some small prints.
Cathy said it was a family piece,
and that her daughter really wanted it to be usable,
not a top just for display. 
So I did some repairs, quilted it, trimmed and bound it. 
Now it is living in a very appreciative home! 
And it is a real beaut, isn't it?

Then, wait until you see the next quilt I got to meander over...
It is Carolyn's.
And I tried to talk her out of this,
but she insists it is a wedding gift for a niece!

She did the birds as a block of the month at a LQS.
 
Then I helped her figure different borders
so she could make it large enough for the bride-to-be. 
Lucky, lucky girl! 
Carolyn actually made a second set
of the bird blocks as she worked on this one. 

So she will have a second, very similar quilt.
She says that the second quilt will be hers!
I'm still trying to figure out how
I could be
some relation to Carolyn
so that I could be on her gift list!!!
Let me know if you have an idea about
how I can talk her into this!

1 comment:

  1. Debra, I absolutely love my finished quilt. I cannot believe how much more substantial it feels. Thank you very much for the time and effort that you put into it... Cathy Slone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!