Lucy Boston

Sunday, May 16, 2010

the sound of a train


Sometimes late at night, I can hear the sound of a train... The track is probably at least eight miles away.  So the wind must be just right, and the clouds just right, and the wind blowing in just the right direction, (and my ears not clogged), perfect conditions for sound to travel.  I love hearing unusual noises and figuring out what they are and where they are coming from.  I love to have the sounds take me back to old memories...

My son works near downtown metropolis - lots of sound traveling there.
His first sound that was just a little out of place:  a train had stopped somewhere close...

This is part of the train cars that had stopped:



The Greatest Show on Earth...
The circus is in town!
Something was going on in the street in front of his office...

There were police cars and unfamiliar noises...


Here is what was contributing to his unfamiliar noises:




I hope this memory for him is like mine - you hear the sound of the train, and it makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!