108 degrees today with heat index...If you like saunas, welcome to the Midwest today...
It's been a while since it's been this hot here in Ohio.
And with bad air quality...
So, today's high heat/bad air quality event was a test of many things:
- Heat endurance: getting from car to quilt shop aka work
- Patience: for people who don't have working air conditioning in their vehicle
- Meds: asthma doesn't like the combo of really high temps and really bad air quality.
- dress code: sleeveless is in
- Got there early before the temps peaked, left after the sun dropped, & working at a quilt shop really isn't considered work, is it?
- Just got out of the way of those folks who where driving faster and faster, trying to create their own cooler breeze
- Still breathing, no extra meds, so must have stayed inside during the worst time, and thankfully, working air conditioning
- Guess my sweat glands passed, too - gross!
I am not working with my wool this week!
Happy Stitching though!