arrived overnight. And still coming down now, going on 11 a.m.
Welcome back, Polar Vortex!
The beautiful snowfall and dropping temps have closed the schools, closed roads, and made it treacherous to be out.
But I still love it.
And only the 17th of November.
So I'm inside, laundry going, a little baking,
AND packing for a retreat!
This is where the funny comes in.
Travel day Tuesday - 5+ hours - making arrival after lunchtime.
Leaving retreat to head home Saturday morn,
so that is Three And A Half days of retreating.
Remember that number - 3 1/2.
Here is what I've laid out to pack so far:
Works In Progress - Above
- Little blocks of fun (left) need roofs and sashing added to the blocks
- top, center - vintage bow ties need setting with the melon fabric
- top right -9patch swap blocks-I've designed layout, need to make a bunch of setting blocks
- bottom right - the now fourth time this project of Autumn Garden Sunflowers, a Buggy Barn pattern will travel to Retreat
- Left - I've had this idea about churn dash blocks in Christmas-y reds and greens and then I found that great border print
- Top - A Farmhouse Threads pattern with reproduction fabrics that I got when The Good Wives Co. was in business. I really miss The Good Wives. :(
- Another Farmhouse Threads pattern... Let It Snow, with piecing and embroidery. This has been on my wish to make list for over two years now.
Just this past summer I saw Kim's 'Text Me A Quilt' . THAT is EXACTLY what I had in mind the whole time I've been collecting these wordy fabrics!!! And she has a tutorial!!! So I've stacked up all my fabrics, thinking that would be a great retreat project.
And of course, there's the wedding quilt gift that I showed the pattern and fabric stack last week - all blues and creams and browns. The quilt that I SHOULD be working on.
OH, almost forgot - I've also packed up my Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses quilt-in-progress. Only a handful of blocks left to add!!
That's only TEN projects.
What was the number that I asked you earlier to remember?
See? I'm funny.
Happy Monday! I'm off to pare down some of my retreat take-along.