Lucy Boston

Friday, July 31, 2015

needle turning time

Yep, I've done it again.
Signed up for another sew-along.
Happy time!
Or, maybe crazy time. :)

Karen (at Log Cabin Quilter blog)
asked if anyone wanted to join in, (and there were takers)
so she organized a Sew Along.
The book being used is by Jeana Kimball
called Old Voices New Impressions.
I think most of the gals joining in 
are going to do the quilt on the back cover -
called Cranberry Album.
And the so-called rules for this sew-along are to
just share four blocks you've made, the end of each month.

Of course, I really wanted to start another project!!
I already had the out-of-print book...
Well, I had lent it out a long time ago, 
so I really didn't have it, have it.
But after some searching and asking around,
it's come back home, so I DO have it now.
AND!, I already have my sashing/border fabric:
The picture, above, shows my border fabric, 
some snowy-white muslin,
and the Cranberry Album quilt pictured on the back of the book.
I was going to use the above white muslin for my background fabric of the applique blocks,
but I did just restock (while on vacation) my light-colored repro-print background fabrics:
(Pardon the green campfire/marshmallow/s'more fabric in the above picture,
that's for the grandkiddos eye-spy quilt stash)
So, for the July-end-of-the-month sharing in the 
Old Voices, New Impressions Sew Along,
I don't have four blocks stitched,
but I do have my fabrics chosen! :)

Happy Day!

3 comments:

  1. I have the book too but I'm going to have to pass on this one. My youngest is getting married in 3 wks. and so it's kind of busy around here. No time to start a new project. Oh well, there will always be another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with the sew along - will be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!