Lucy Boston

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

out of order tizzy and the towels

I am enjoying a couple of days out of order this week...

Out of order,
because,
well,
I usually work at the LQS on Monday and Thursday. 
But this week, not Monday.
But yes for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
and this made me think that I AM a creature of habit after all.
Are you like me in that regard?
Do you have certain things/chores that you do on certain days?

Like the old tea towels with the stitching?
Or was it Great-grandma B that used to say:
Wash on Monday,
Iron on Tuesday,
Mend on Wednesday,
Churn on Thursday,
Clean on Friday,
Bake on Saturday,
Rest on Sunday.


I know I don't REALLY mind change;
I can roll with the punches with the best of y'all.

My mind was in a little tizzy, though, - I admit.
I did my groceries/errands on a different day...no biggie.
Wednesday is usually "my" day:  "Mending day"- my own hand-stitching, pattern making, quilting, projects, ideas.
 Also on this day, I like to cook up some entrees to have on hand for the nights after I have worked that day (at home or out of the home).  Then I just throw together some veggies and fruits with the pre-cooked and call it a meal - a good meal.
Laundry just gets done on the weekend when it gets done.
Sooo,
Monday became Wednesday in my tizzy mind;  Tuesday became Saturday; Wednesday became customer quilting day - which really should have been Tuesday; since I am working Friday, I won't get my cleaning done (that's as good excuse as any!); Sunday there is the Wool Crazy class I am leading at the LQS, so is it called resting if you are stitching??, and I don't know what day it will be when I finally do laundry...  does this explain the tizzy feeling?

(Maybe it all really started with all of those strawberries!!?!)

I'm going to have to get out the towels
and see what day it is
and what I'm supposed to be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!