Lucy Boston

Friday, June 4, 2010

tending flowers...

I have a wild looking flower bed in the front of the house...
I initially planted it to be a lot more "prairie" looking than some of the other beds.
Lots of daisies and lavender and something else that I can't remember now.
At some point, I added these poppies.
Because I LOVED the color. 
Because they were light and breezy looking.
Because they bloomed when I had nothing else blooming in the bed
except for the daisies.
And because they had these great seed pods!
Check out that purple that is SOOOO purple that it is almost black! 
And, click on the pic and enlarge to get a good look at the pollen sitting in that petal basket! 
These colors and the vibrancy make me think I should design something quilty!
Also, makes me think
that maybe I found part of the reason that allergies are so bad right now!
But worth every sneeze!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb,
    Love your poppies, I do agree they are a pretty color! Do you save the seeds out of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful color.......how I wish they lasted longer!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!