Lucy Boston

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's the most re-lax-ing time of year...to the tune of "The most wonderful time of the year" by Andy Williams

My sweetie is really a sweetie...he is SO sweet, he planned a trip recently to go to an island.   An island located in the far Western Caribbean, 480 miles south of Miami, 150 miles south of Cuba.  An island that is a British territory.  An island that only occupies 76 square miles, is approximately 22 miles long and 8 miles at its widest point, with a maximum elevation of 79.77 feet.  The average temperature in the winter is 75 degrees Fahrenheit.   This island is also hassle-free with no street vendors, allowing a peaceful and pleasant visit as well as the freedom to wander and enjoy the sights, sounds and capital.  It also possesses some of the best cooking and shopping in the Caribbean. The island is one of the safest in the Caribbean boasting a very low crime rate. 
Does this not sound wonderful beyond wonderful???
No plans .......
No plans except for sun screen and relaxation...
Sun screen and relaxation on the island paradise of Grand Cayman.
No plans except for sitting on the pure, white beach in the dappled shade of a Silver Thatch Palm, next to the clear blue, warm Caribbean water.
Or, sitting in the shade of a very large umbrella and having iced-teas brought to you poolside.
Or, lunch poolside, reading the latest novel.
Or, snorkeling anywhere around the entire island, in the clear blue gently lapping waves of the western Caribbean.
Cooking minor meals if wanted, or sitting in a nice, local, little hut and ordering the fresh catch of the day.
Maybe a little visit to the stingrays, or the Queen Elizabeth II Botanical Park and the endangered blue Iguanas, or Turtle Farm, or local artisans, maybe even catch the Lighted Boat Christmas Parade and welcome Santa to the island.
Total relaxation.
Total relaxation of body. 
Mind relaxation?  Yeah, not so much!!! 
It's the most re-lax-ing time of year...
to the tune of "The most wonderful time of the year"
by Andy Williams.The draw-back you ask?????
That would be the time period of the planned trip:
My mind will be going round and round and round and round and round.
My mind will be thinking about all that should be done:  two weeks before Christmas.
TWO stinkin' WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
Now, I don't want to sound ungrateful
And, really, I am not whining. 
But, TWO WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
And, have I mentioned that it is TWO stinkin' WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!?
I can tell, you are not on my side with this.  You think I am whining.   
You think I should just drop everything and just let go.
I am doing deep breathing right now, preparing myself for the onslaught of anxiety. 
I can do this. 
I will do this. 
I WILL be prepared for Christmas before we leave. 
I will have most of my shopping done. 
I will have everything some things checked off my lists:  cookies baked and frozen, breads baked and frozen, holiday meals planned and meats in the freezer, all pantry items pre-purchased and stocked and checked off, cleaning done (oh, who am I kidding, cleaning will happen if it happens!), cards may be sent as New Year's cards if at all.  Don't really need to finish the quilty gifts before Christmas...they can be New Year's gifts, or added to WIP list.  Take going to cut down live tree off the list and the artificial tree can go up whenever.  Not all the decorations have to come out.  Oh, yea, I am feeling a little better.  Thanks for talking me through this.
It's the most re-lax-ing time of year...
When I am back from relaxing on the beach,
I will just need to go pick up some fresh fruits and veggies and thaw out some things. 
The more I think about it,
with your help and after making this little list,
this IS going to work. 
Simplify.  
Snowballs and other projects can wait until January, don't you think??
R and R...that's what we all need this time of year. 
 I'm going for it. 
And I will be thinking of you. 
I will try to send you some cyber, calming, island-paradise thoughts. 
Can you feel it?

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!