Lucy Boston

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A baby

Twenty-nine years ago today I was doing a little sewing.   I think pillowcases.  I had done a little smocking, and I also had a cross-stitch project I was doing for a Christmas gift.  There was a little snow on the ground from the day before, it was melting away all morning.  I remember getting out some frozen turkey, left-overs from the previous week, and I was going to make a turkey potpie.  It was a Monday.  Oh, and twenty-nine years ago today was the day that I welcomed my baby girl into this wonderful world.  Seven pounds, eleven ounces, blond hair, blue eyes, and she didn't "look" like the name we had chosen (go figure, don't know why now!) so we chose another name.  Home twenty-four hours later, such a good baby - we even slept pretty regularly.  And big brother decided to call her Charlie (just like an Uncle did when his little sis came along!).  I like the name that we chose better.
Happy Birthday to my little chickadee!
XXOO
Now off to do some more quilting...I have just a handful and an half to do before Christmas, not counting a few of my own that I'd like to do!!! 
XXOO to you, too!
Hope you get to stitch a little today also...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!