Lucy Boston

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are you sleeping? Dormez-vous?

HQ Fusion update.....
The table brace that was not in one of the TEN huge packages is here.
The screws to attach all three handlebars are here.
The parts are the correct ones and are now in their proper places.
WE HAVE COMPLETED SET-UP!!!
All parts are here and the HQ Fusion is up and going. Finally. YAY, Wahoo, and


And this is the tune that is running a continual loop (and I mean continual loop!) in my mind:


Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
Ding ding dong, ding ding dong.


Do you ever get a song's tune stuck in your head?
Why does this happen?????
And I don't speak french, so why this tune, IN FRENCH???
I finally get the french version out of my head,
Then there's the english version that takes it's place:


Are you sleeping, are you sleeping?
Brother John, Brother John?
Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing
Ding ding dong, ding ding dong.


Really, not better in english, though I do have a brother John.
Any maybe my brain is telling me to get back to work: morning bells and all.
That is bad enough, that this keeps rattling around and around and around in there,
but then my head replaces all the words to this little ditty with this:
Same tune, different words:

I am quilting, I am quilting,
HQ Fusion, HQ Fusion,
Stitching and meandering, Stitching and meandering,
Yes, I am, Yes, I am.

So as I move my machine around, stitching with the new machine,
I am moving to the tune of  "Are you sleeping?"
The cadence must be a good one for stitching, 'cause my brain just won't stop the madness.
Make it stop, please make it stop!
I need to create a diversion!
Hurry, sing something else.
Turn on the TV, the radio, the oven, something!
I just want to sew in complete bliss.
Ding ding dong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!